Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thankful For You IC136

When I saw today's Inspiration Challenge over on Splitcoast I thought of LPS's 'Butterflies and Blossoms' set! Julia just got these back in and I haven't played with them in a while. So in honor of Julia getting them back in stock, I decided to go for it!

I stamped the leaves in Certainly Celery. Then I used my copic marker (R20) to simulate the little flowers from the inspiration piece. Next I stamped my butterfly in VersaColor Black and embossed with some black powder from Jo-Anns(their brand). Next I whipped out my Twinkling H20s (sadly, it was more like searched my room head to toe for them) and started watercoloring. I love the look of the glimmer on the black outline! GORGEOUS! Finally, I matted it on pink sparkle paper, then put it on a piece of Bashful Blue Base CS.

I also wanted to answer a question from one of my readers:

'I want to ask you about the paper you buy at Wal Mart.....you said it was Georgia Pacific and about $5 for 150 pieces...what I want to know is what the weight of the paper is and do you buy it in a pack like copy paper. Also do you find it in the office supply section?


Thanks so much!

gina'

Thanks for the question, Gina! Georgia Pacific cardstock is 110 lb paper and yes it does come in a pack like copy paper. Be careful because GP sells other papers too, you want the 110 lb variety (as aforementioned). At my Wal-Mart it is in the office supply section!

Hope That Helps,

Elyssa

1 comment:

Scrappinology said...

thank you so much for the information! I am definitely gonna check it out when I go to Wal Mart! I just enjoy your work so much! thanks again!

gina