Saturday, May 31, 2008

Just Wanted to Espresso My Love!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I had a great day, yesterday. I went with some friends to a nearby water park, then to dinner and the new ‘Sex and the City’ movie. One of my best friends couldn’t make it to the dinner so she and some of my other friends planned a little surprise desert thingy after the movie. Albeit it was 1 am by the time we got to her house. I was so delighted and surprised!!! Thanks so much ladies!

I find that cards either take me 10 minutes or 45, never in between. For some reason either I get stampers block or everything just works. This card falls into the latter category.

My first thought was to stamp the background in Sage Shadow on the matching background with a flower stamp, but then I remembered I had gotten this funky Hero Arts stamp at a garage sale (what a find!). So I went with that. I swear I stared at that piece of cardstock for 20 minutes. I could not figure out what to do next. SO, I did what I always do when I can’t figure out what to do. I do something else and come back a while later. AND it worked! Everything seemed to grove after that. I went with some other stamps from the garage sale and cut out a flower from some Junkitz Cardstock. I think it all came together well.

But, the most exciting thing about the card is the fact that I shot the picture with my BRAND NEW Nikon D40!!!! I need some practice but I have been having a lot of fun. Look at that vellum, you can see the glitter. What kind of camera do you all have???

Ely

Ingredients
Stamps: Hero Arts
Paper: Sage Shadow by SU, Bazzil
Ribbon: Jo-anns Multi pack
Ink: Memento Ink Pad (Tuxedo Black)
Copics: G21, G24, Y15



6 comments:

Tara Godfrey said...

Great card, Elyssa! I am sure the recipient will be happy to receive it...especially if they are a coffee connoisseur,smile! I wanted to let you know that I just LOVE your blog and visit it regularly (and your on my blog roll). I especially appreciate all your copic tutorials Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with all of us. The video tutorials have been extremely helpful to me, as, I work to improve my colouring technique with the Copics. I was wondering if you could do a tutorial on the actual brush strokes again in a little more depth or a little slower,smile. I am trying to work on the circular movement that you speak of. Also, I can't wait to read your review on the memento ink. I have already ordered one and I just bought 3 packs ofGeorgia Pacific paper when I was in FLA recently...love it! Thanks again for all the great tips and tutorials! TaraG

twinkletoe said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. Have fun with your new camera.

Lesley said...

Another great card xxx

Julia said...

congrats on the new camera! SLR's are amazing....if only I could fully understand mine!!!

Kari said...

Great card! I love the colors! Congrats on the new camera!

Maureen said...

I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier! Happy birthday - I'm glad you had a great day!!