Friday, July 18, 2008

{3} All My Family

I've said it a million times, so I'll say it again: One of my favorite aspects about a stamp set is flexibility! This set is called 'All My Family' from Little Paper Shop, which contains family words, such as Mother, Father, in-law, Grandma and Nana. It is such a great set for gift tags.

It inspired me to paint and embellish this tin to put my sister's birthday gift in (a set of buddhas). First I painted the entire box with an Adirondack Dauber (AD) in Stream. Then I masked two sides with a flower mask from Heidi Swapp and painted over that with AD Pool. Finally I swiped AD Pool over the whole tin and dotted two sides with AD Aqua. I let it dry for 15 minutes.

Next, I topped the cover off with my favorite embellishment (of the week), Heidi Swapp BIG pink flowers. I then punched a random scrap of orange card stock with my Stampin' Up Scallop Punch, stamped 'For My Sister' in Taken with Teal, added a button and then TA DA! a gorgeous box for Ilana!

:)
Elyssa

4 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

Love what you have done :)

You are making fabulous uses from the flowers :)
Have a great day..

Renée said...

ooh, great idea, Elyssa!

Maureen said...

That is really gorgeous! I love the colors and I'm sure your sister will love it too!

Julia said...

That is AWESOME! Love the flowers.