Monday, August 18, 2008

Copic Cardinal Card (say that five times fast!) and a Begrudged Love of Walmart


I should despise of Wal-Mart. I know I should based on my love of locally owned stores, my liberal ideals and the sheer fact that it scares me that a store could carry so much stuff. But, alas, like many Americans I find myself utterly fascinated by Wal-Mart. I never had one growing up so when I moved to Gainesville the chaos that is our Wal-Mart intrigued me, but I usually choose the cleaner, sleeker Tar-jay (emphasis on the French pronunciation). Last week, upon my arrival to this glorious town, a friend of mine mentioned that there was now a SUPER Wal-Mart. Well, you know me, I was there that night! WOWZA!!!! That place is CRAZYYYYYY! I have never seen such a thing!!!! AND, I must admit I liked it. Although I don't think I would buy my meat again there (Can it really be quality at 1.30$ for 1/4 lb of salami?), but then again I won't eat fast food meat. I have meat issues.

OK, now that this post has gotten a little too personal I guess I should tell you its relevance. On the aforementioned SWM trip I purchased some Martha Stewart Clear Stamps. Another company I should despise of due to my morals, but again, I'm a sucker for clean images that beg to be colored. SO, begrudgingly I purchased her bird set. Yesterday I posted a video tutorial coloring the image I used on todays card. Thank you all for your comments, I'm glad to hear you appreciate them and like my voice overs. Your comments really encourage me to create more tutorials!!!

On a side note, my Local Scrapbooking Store just created a blog!! Please check it out here.

Happy Stamping!
Elyssa

3 comments:

Julia said...

Beautiful job on the coloring Elyssa!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I don't buy Wal-Mart meat either. It's...slimy looking. Your blog is great!

Angie C said...

Oh this is soooo beautiful. I love that bird stamp