Friday, April 4, 2008

Stampin' and Scrappin'


Life has certainly been crazy the last couple of days. Yesterday, I had 9 hours of class followed by a 4 hour diagnostic LSAT prep class. Boy was I tired! I also wanted to let you all know that I will be MIA for the weekend, as I will be participating in Dance Marathon at the university, it is such a great cause (Children's Miracle Network), but I will be exhausted afterwards. Today I have lots of exciting things to do, including a reunion lunch with some friends who I went on Birthright Israel with.

In honor of this luncheon, I decided to post a layout from a different trip to Israel, which I went on last summer with my family. I have been getting a lot of requests for pages which include stamping and this one certainly does! It highlights the Loves Me, Loves Me Not set from Technique Tuesday.

First I used Black CardStock from Bazzil. Then, I laid down a piece of sparkly silver paper from the LSS. I then tied a piece of ribbon from American Craft. Next I layed down some old Phrase Cafe stickers from EK Success.

Then, I stamped my Loves Me, Loves Me Not set from Technique Tuesday in Craft White from Stampin up and embossed with White Embossing Powder. I then used my Versamark pen to color in the flowers, following with chalking (poppin' pastels).

Finally I printed My title: "Am Yisrael Chai" which roughly translates to The People of Israel Live, to accompany my picture of my family on Masada. I used colorbox petal ink pads to rough up the border and then I stapled with my Fasenator from EK Success. I then added a Quickutz heart punch.

6 comments:

Heather said...

This is a great page! Have fun dancing!

Anonymous said...

I really like this page. All the different elements really worked well together. How did you print the hebrew words?(I thought they were stamped at first) You've really got beautiful handwriting. Keep up the great work!

Maureen said...

VEry cool! Love that TT set!

Moonegirl said...

I love the use of the color on the black background. Even better is that you use VersaMark(one of my favorites) with the chalks. I had not used my chalks until I desperately needed some color which I did not have the ink for. Now I'm using them all the time. I'm your SBS 13 sister that has been MIA. Great blog!

Anonymous said...

Great page. :-) xxx

Anonymous said...

That's a very cool page. A group from our church is going to Israel this September and I sooooo wish I could too!
peggysue